Search my Blogs and my website

Thursday 12 February 2015

Our new Polytunnel


They changed the rules at our local...
  ...allotment association recently. Now you can have a greenhouse AND a polytunnel! So, this winter I've been slowly building a DIY tunnel and today I finally got it weatherproof.


  The base was in well before Xmas - I acquired the poles and key clamp fittings following a car park refurb at work. They were going in the skip so I bought them home for a spot of upcycling....





  Next step was a roll of water pipe for about 30 quid to make the hoops, plus a few more bits of timber to stiffen it up a bit....





  Then the plastic sheet arrived a couple of days ago and I've been dying to get down the allotment and finish it off ever since!



  Really pleased with the end result. I'm not a fan of the usual 'Gypsy Camp Chic' look that you get on most allotments so wanted it to look fairly smart and I don't think it looks too bad. Wind is supposed to be getting up over the next couple of days, so that'll be the first test!


  Just need to think about what to grow in it now.....


No comments:

Post a Comment