Search my Blogs and my website

Monday 26 March 2012

Power to The People!!

  Confucias once said, "A Man who concerns himself with matters he cannot influence is a fool."
  Unfortunately, I've come to realise he was right as I get older.  However, I have one little bit of 'rebellion' left - I call it 'Guerrilla Gardening'.  I suppose it's sort of like Banksy, but with flowers.

  It works a bit like this:

  I've got quite an eclectic mix of species in my own private 'seedbank' at Tyler Towers, generally stuff I've harvested from plants in the garden the previous year.  All sorts of species ranging from mad stuff like tobacco & sunflowers to more conventional things like poppies and other meadow annuals.  Below is this years Guerrilla Gardening kit:



  What I like to do is find patches of recently disturbed ground and 'inoculate' them with a one off bomb of my mixed seeds during dog walks in the spring.  You then sit back and watch the ground come to life with random flowers that generally have no place there and every time you walk past for the rest of the year (and subsequent years) you sprout a cheeky smile.

 Today's random Flower Bomb.  He he he.....

  A true Flower Power bit of Revolution.  Power to the People.....

No comments:

Post a Comment