Search my Blogs and my website

Friday 30 March 2012

Ikea chairs indestructible? My @rse.....

  I suspect this might be cruelly linked with the earlier 'who ate all the pies' post.....
  ....but I'm still reeling about my trusty Ikea Poang chair breaking.  Patched it back up though and so far, so good.

  At our local Ikea, there's a wooden arse in a glass case squashing into and out of a Poang chair 24/7 while a counter proudly displays how many million 'sit downs' have been performed on it.

  Mine broke in 18 months!

  I 'wooden' buy one of these if I were you....
 
  Ah well.  It sort of reminded me of a trip I made up north with work a few years ago to an automotive industry test facility.  Cool place, a bit like a tour round Q's workshop.  Huge engines running on test beds, buses being shaken to pieces on a rolling road etc, etc.  But the most surreal bit was when a door opened into a little room where a forlorn looking industrial robot was clutching a prosthetic arse and grinding it relentlessly into a car seat.
  "That's the European spec arse," announced our guide proudly, "The US spec arse is considerably bigger...."

Poor Johnny Five thought his new job was a real bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment