Search my Blogs and my website

Saturday 18 February 2012

Right then, racing 2012 here we come....

   A bit later than planned because I’ve been a bit under the weather for the last couple of weeks, but....

  ......‘training’ for the 2012 TT season has started in earnest!
  I’ve been plodding about on the training bike for the last 3 or 4 months & doing the odd audax / reliability ride etc, putting a decent base in but it’s time to pick things up a bit.
  The issues with my deformed erythrocytes seem to be sorted and my tolerance to exercise / training is amazing compared with how it has been for the last couple of years.  Don’t think I’m particularly fast at the minute but I feel really strong – you know, that feeling when it feels just like your letting your feet fall on the pedals and not really ‘pushing’ at all.  I feel a bit like I’ve outgrown the 46 x 14 on the bike so I swapped the cassette yesterday for one with a ‘12’ sprocket – on the 14 you have to spin like a maniac to go at any sort of speed!


  Despite not doing much for a couple of weeks, I went out yesterday (in the rain & wind) for a steady couple of hours and knocked out 18.6mph @ 152 bpm average and felt crap at first but woke up after ¾ hour or so.  My best time around this particular route is 1:58, done about a month ago, so to do it in 2:02 (not including a quick stop to adjust my new cleats!) without trying especially hard is quite pleasing.
  Day off today just to make sure the lurgy hasn’t reappeared but if all’s well I’ll go out for a brisk one tomorrow.

  I've entered a '10' on 3rd March, so it'll be interesting to see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment